330-476-6343 | [email protected]
LEGAL NOTICE FORFEITED LAND SALE
Carroll County Auditor
Agent for the State of Ohio
(R.C. 5723.05 et seq.)
The lands, lots and parts of lots (“Parcels”) in Carroll County, forfeited to the State of Ohio for the nonpayment of taxes, together with the taxes, assessments, penalties and costs, charged there-on agreeably to law and the dates on which lands, lots and parts of lots will be offered for sale, are described in the following list:
PARCEL NAME, TWP/VILLAGE, ADDRESS, PARCEL #, TAXES OWED
Tract One: William G. Nichols, et al., Village of Malvern
Porter Street, 07-0000673.000
Tract Two: William G. Nichols, et al., Village of Malvern
Porter Street, 07-0000674.000
Notice is given to all concerned, that if the taxes, assessments, penalties and costs charged on the list are not paid to the county treasurer and the county treasurer’s receipt produced before the respective dates mentioned in this notice, each parcel forfeited, on which the taxes, assessments, penalties, and costs remain unpaid, will be offered for sale. In order to satisfy such taxes, assessments, penalties and cost and that sale will be adjourned from day to day until each parcel on the list has been disposed of, or offered for sale. The forfeited parcels are offered for sale pursuant to this notice may be subject to a federal tax lien that will not be extinguished by the sale or may be subject to the right of the United States to redeem any parcel that is subject to the federal tax lien.
June 23, 2023 at 10:00 am in the Carroll County Courthouse
in the hallway beside the Auditor’s Office on the 2nd floor.
RULES OF SALE
1. TERMS: Cash or check on the day of sale, full and complete payment of the bid price, plus the deed fee of $45.00, transfer fee of .50 cents per parcel and $28.00 recording fees, which will be required immediately at the time of the acceptance of a bid for each parcel bid on. A receipt in the form of a certificate of sale will be issued at the time that a parcel is paid in full. WARNING. Parcels of real estate not paid for on the day of sale will be re-offered the same day to the highest and best bidder.
2. If a parcel of real estate is not sold on the day of the sale, it will be re-offered and if not then sold, it will not be re-offered until the entire forfeiture list has been offered at least once.
ALL OF THE PARCELS LISTED WILL BE SOLD AT PUBLIC AUCTION TO THE HIGHEST AND BEST BIDDER.
3. Ohio Law does not permit the County Auditor to accept credit or installment payments, or to refund any money or cancel a sale. Therefore, be sure to examine the property for location, size, shape, zoning restrictions, desirability and conditions of usability before bidding.
4. The initial bid asked on each parcel will be the current amount of unpaid taxes, assessments and penalties plus cost of sale. If no bid on such amount is received, bids may be asked at minimum figure. A minimum bid figure of $1,187.25 has been established as the anticipated Auditor’s cost of sale.
5. The successful bidder shall immediately give the sales clerk the FULL NAME AND ADDRESS of the person or company intended to be GRANTEE of the Auditor’s Deed. Payments of the successful bid price, plus the Auditor’s Deed fee of $45.00 and .50 cents per parcel for filing and the recording fee charge will be made at the time of purchase. Failure of any successful bidder to comply with this requirement as to information concerning the name and address of the successful bidder, and payment of the bid price plus cost of deed will bar the bidder from any further bidding for the remainder of the entire sale.
6. All bids at this auction will be accepted only tentatively, the County Auditor reserving the right to investigate and reject any bid at any time before the Auditor’s Deed is delivered.
7. R.C. 5723.12 provides the nature and type of title granted under Auditor’s sale of forfeited lands.
8. CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON DAY OF SALE for the convenience of the bidder, however, if the bank does not honor the check for any reason, said bidder will not be permitted to make any additional bids in the future except for cash.
9. If the tract, lot, or part of lot, so forfeited, is sold for an amount that is less than the amount of delinquent taxes, assessments, charges, penalties and interest against it, the court, in a separate order, may enter a deficiency judgment against the last owner of record of the tract, lot or part of lot before its forfeiture to the state, for the amount of difference; if that owner of record is a corporation, the court may enter the deficiency judgment against the stockholder holding a majority of the corporation’s stock.
10. Under Ohio law, anyone owing delinquent property taxes in the state of Ohio, is disqualified from bidding and/or purchasing any properties at this sale.
Situated in the Village of Malvern, County of Carroll, and the State of Ohio:
Being known as Lots Number One (1) and Two (2), in Ross’ Addition to the Village of Malvern, in said County of Carroll and State of Ohio.
Parcel No. 07-0000673.000 and 07-0000674.000
Carroll County Auditor
Published in The Carroll County Messenger June 7, 2023, June 14, 2023.
Sheriff’s Sale of Real Estate
General Code, Sec. 11681 Revised Code, Sec. 2329.26
The State of Ohio, Carroll County.
U.S. Bank Trust National
Association, not in its
Individual capacity, but solely as trustee of
Citigroup Mortgage Loan Trust 2018-B
Thomas Walter Vahalik, ET AL
In pursuance of an Order of Sale in the above-entitled Action, this property will be offered for sale by RealAuction at https://carroll.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov, on Tuesday, the 20th of June, 2023, at 10:00 o’clock A.M.
If the property does not receive a sufficient bid, said property will be offered for sale again on TUESDAY, the 27th day of June, 2023, at 10:00 o’clock A.M.
*LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE CARROLL COUNTY RECORDER’S OFFICE, 119 PUBLIC SQUARE, SUITE 205, CARROLLTON, OH
*Said Premises Located at 7060 Bear Rd SE, Amsterdam, Ohio 43903
*Said Premises Appraised at $195,000.00 and cannot be sold for less than two-thirds of that amount at the first sale date. If the property does not sell at first sale date and is offered at the second sale date, the sale will start with a “No set minimum bid”. The purchaser shall be responsible for cost, allowance, and taxes that the proceeds of the sale are insufficient to cover. Neither the Sheriff’s Office nor any affiliates have access to the inside of said property, including appraisal for bank loans, and is not liable for the condition of the property upon confirmation of the sale.
TERMS OF SALE: Deposit due on the day of the sale, personal, certified or cashier’s check accepted. Balance due upon confirmation of the sale by the court. If the appraised value of the property is:
Less than or equal to $10,000 = Deposit of $2,000.00
More than $10,000 but less than or equal to $200,000 = Deposit of $5,000
More than $200,000 = Deposit of $10,000
Buyer beware that he/she may be responsible for any and all outstanding costs not covered by sale proceeds.
Carlisle, McNellie, Rini, Kramer & Ulrich Co., LPA
24755 Chagrin Blvd., Suite 200
Cleveland, Oh 44122-5690
Sheriff Calvin Graham
Carroll County, Ohio
Published in The Carroll County Messenger May 24 ,2023, May 31, 2023, and June 7, 2023.
Notice of Filing of Branch
Notice is hereby given that Wayne Savings Community Bank, Wooster, Ohio, has filed an application to establish a banking office at 1029 Canton Road NW, Carrollton, Ohio 44615 with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Ohio Division of Financial Institutions. Any person wishing to comment on this application may file his or her comments in writing with:
Regional Director – Gregory P. Bottone
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – Chicago
300 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606-3447
Ohio Division of Financial
77 South High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-6120
Any person who wishes to comment on the application must do so in writing to both government agencies by June 23, 2023. The nonconfidential portions of the application are on file at the Chicago FDIC office and are available for public inspection during regular business hours. Photocopies of the nonconfidential portion of the application file will be made available upon request.
Published in The Carroll County Messenger June 7, 2023.
PROBATE COURT OF
CARROLL COUNTY, OHIO
SEAN R. H. SMITH, JUDGE
IN RE:CHANGE OF NAME
OF NOLAN BRYCE WEAVER
TO NOLAN BRYCE GARTRELL
CASE NO. 20239009
NOTICE OF HEARING ON
CHANGE OF NAME OF MINOR
(R.C. 2717.08, 2727.14)
Applicant hereby gives notice to all interested persons and to Nathaniel A. Weaver, whose address is unknown, that the applicant has filed an application to change name in the Probate Court of Carroll County, Ohio, requesting to change the name of Nolan Bryce Weaver to Nolan Bryce Gartrell.
The hearing on the application will be held on the 20th day of July 2023, at 1:30 p.m. in the Probate Court of Carroll County, Ohio, located at 119 S. Lisbon St., Ste, 202, Carrollton, Ohio, 44615.
Melissa Gartrell, Applicant
8041 Stork Rd. SW
Dennison, OH 44621
Published in The Carroll County Messenger on June 7, 2023.
OHIO DEPARTMENT OF
DIVISION OF OIL AND GAS RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
RE: APPLICATION FOR
UNITIZATION CASPER UNIT
CARROLL COUNTY, OHIO
NOTICE BY PUBLICATION
Applicant INR Ohio, LLC (“INR”) hereby gives notice that the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Oil and Gas Resources Management has scheduled a hearing pursuant to Revised Code Section 1509.28 concerning INR’s Casper Unit to occur on July 11, 2023 at 2:30 p.m. This hearing will be held via video conferencing through Microsoft Teams. Instructions on how to attend the hearing via video conference are shown at the end of this Notice (see below). INR seeks to obtain an Order for Unit Operation from the Chief of the Division of Oil and Gas Resources Management as to the Utica/Point Pleasant Formation covering the Casper Unit area. This proposed unit area includes lands in Brown and Harrison Townships, Carroll County, Ohio.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATTENDING THE HEARING BY VIDEO CONFERENCE:
If you would like to attend the hearing, please go to HTTPS://WWW.MICROSOFT.COM/EN-US/MICROSOFT-TEAMS/JOIN-A-MEETING, click on Join Meeting and enter the following meeting information: Meeting ID: 223151021433; Meeting passcode: YmYSp3. If you join the hearing over an internet connection using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the Microsoft Teams app. You can also listen to and participate in the hearing by phone by calling 1-614-721-2972 (United States Toll Free) and entering the access code: 986124110#.
The date of the first publication of this notice is May 31, 2023; the date of the last publication of this notice is June 24, 2023.
Dated: May 26, 2023
Applicant INR’s contact
Seth Jarvis, Senior Landman
INR Ohio, LLC
Tel: (304) 212- 2350
Email: [email protected]
For further information regarding this hearing, please visit the Division of Oil and Gas Resources Management’s website at http://oilandgas.ohiodnr.gov/unitization.