330-476-6343 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech, Debate members to compete in State Finals
Share this story
Five Carrollton High School students recently qualified for the Ohio Speech and Debate State Finals to be held virtually March 5 and 6.
According to Alzana Nuzzolillo, CHS Speech and Debate instructor, students throughout Ohio competed the entire season virtually using Zoom and NSDA Campus, a platform similar to Google Meet. CHS will compete live, but virtually, in the state tournament.
1. Senior Devin Tipton, son of Jeff and Darla Tipton, will compete in Congressional Debate. He serves as president of the Speech and Debate Team and was tournament champion of the McKinley Invitational in December.
2. Sophomore Jada Ruiz, daughter of Terry and Joy Gulley, will compete in Program Oral Interpretation.
3. Freshman Leah Brown, daughter of Orlo and Caran Brown, will compete in Congressional Debate.
4. Freshman Jozelynn Nitz, daughter of Johnathan and Stacy Nitz and Juanita Slagle, will compete in Congressional Debate.
5. Freshman Mia Paulette, daughter of Aaron and Nicole Paulette, will compete in Congressional Debate.
Carrollton High School state speech and debate qualifiers. First row (from left): Devin Tipton and Jada Ruiz. Second row: Mia Paulette, Leah Brown and Jozelynn Nitz.
Leave a Comment
Recent Sports News
Sign up for our Newsletter
Interested in a monthl roundup of stories? Enter your email to be added to our mailing list.