Kitchen fire damages former Roswell school building

Like and Share this story on Facebook


Sherrodsville Volunteer Fire Department was one of five departments which responded to a fire in the former Roswell School, which has been turned into a private residence.
The departments were dispatched to the scene at by Tuscarawas County 911 at approximately 5:30 p.m. June 17 with Sherrodsville arriving first to the scene.
According to Sherrodsville Fire Chief Buddy Miller, the blaze began on the stove in the kitchen and was mostly contained to that room and room above it. However, firefighters had to knock out other windows to ventilate the building.
“When we arrived flames were shooting through the kitchen window,” Miller said. “We got a quick knock down, which saved the building.”
Firefighters from Fairfield Twp., New Philadelphia, Dover and Uhrichsville responded to the scene as well. Miller said their quick response helped save the structure.
A mother and daughter were home when the fire broke out.

Leave a Comment

Sign up for our Newsletter

Interested in a monthl roundup of stories? Enter your email to be added to our mailing list.

Skip to content